Tuesday, May 25, 2010

If I can...


People often say, "If I can do it, anyone can do it". I never believe those people bc they are usually professional athletes, in amazing shape or on the US National Team. Now I am that person - I've used that phrase about 6 times in the past 2 days. I ran my first 5K this weekend - well ran is an overstatement but I finished 3.1 miles in 33:34 minutes which is about 4 hours better than I ever imagined I could accomplish. I've never run a day in my life, I've tried a few times and never was able to get more than about 100 yards before my lungs caved, knees ached and head exploded but this time was different. I had faith in myself that I could actually accomplish something if I just trained for it, tried hard, didn't give up and celebrated the smallest of victories during the process. I've never been so proud of myself in my whole entire life. It has also opened a whole new world for me and as of today I am an official member of Team Lipstick. Me, the fat, lazy girl, is now a member of a triathlon team. The girl that has never run a day in her life, took her first swim lesson 2 months ago is now an real-life athlete. It is so true that if I can do it, anyone can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment