Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012...The Year of the Run

Happy New Year! This is it - this will be the year of the RUN.  I will be a runner. I even have Newton's to prove my runnerness. I don't promise to like it, enjoy it or even be fast but I will be able to run a full 10k without stopping and at the very least, a 10:00/mile pace.  Running 6.2 miles with an average pace of 10:00/mile is almost as difficult, for me, as walking on the moon.  With a small exception that running, any distance at any pace, is free and requires nothing but my very own lazy ass to run often.

One week from today is my first 10k (I've only done them in a triathlon but never alone).  Next Saturday will serve as my 10k benchmark of the year and I will only get faster from then on.

Happy New Year - Welcome to the Year of the Run.


No comments:

Post a Comment