Friday, March 9, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...

More like when your long run turns out to suck so bad you wonder why on earth you continue on?  Monday was supposed to be my first 10 mile run ever.  Of course 2 out of 3 kids were home sick but I wrangled a babysitter so I could still make this happen.  It was a terrible run - I felt like crap, my times were beyond slow even for me, sitter called at mile 8 so I had to head home.  But while out on the run I stopped to take some photos - it really is a great feeling to run in the quiet of nature, no music, no other people, just me (and my iphone camera when something pretty popped up!).  The pictures don't do it justice but New Jersey really is beautiful.  Fresh air and quiet make it all seem worth while.






One week left until I get to run through the opposite of quiet: TIMES SQUARE with 5,000 of my closet friends!



1 comment:

  1. I lived in NJ during my late teens and my family is still there. The beauty of the state is a well-guarded secret. Nice blog and great NAME! I clicked on the link because I read the blog title and thought "Oh, that is SO me!".

    ReplyDelete