Wednesday, October 23, 2013

dare i say it...

dare i say it...(i think i like running) but don't tell anyone.  Today might have been the straw that broke the camels back - I've been growing to like it a little more with each passing week but today, today was the day I felt like I really like it.  Perhaps even loved it.  Maybe it was the track - there is something about the sound of the track.  Maybe bc my foot hitting the track is louder than my panting or the pounding of my heart.  For some reason today just felt good.  Perhaps the real reason is bc I'm getting better - I never thought I'd get faster and now I am...everyday it seems I get a little bit faster and I like it.  I can admit it - I'm shallow like that.  Getting better at something makes me feel better.  Everyday I say to my Girls on the Run, "it's not about how fast you go or about winning it's just about moving forward - just like in life, just keep moving forward".  However, after 4 years of being in this triathlon game - just moving forward is not enough for me (don't tell my girls).  I've been so frustrated that I wasn't getting faster and then finally something clicked and I AM getting faster.  Hot damn - it's true: you get out of it what you put into it...who knew?

I started out in triathlon already loving cycling, now the running has come...oh swimming, my swimming - when will you come around??




No comments:

Post a Comment