Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Goals. Goals. Goals.



Now that the triathlon season is officially over for the year, I've been struggling to find some goals to set for myself.  I'm "that" person, without a goal I will sit on my couch and not move.  Fear motivates me and I fear not being ready for a race.  SO, I find a race, register for it and that keeps me training.  It keeps me waking up early to get the workouts done at the crack of dawn over and over.





In years past, by this time I'd have an entire race schedule set up for the following year, google spreadsheet, color coded, costs, hotel, drive time, etc.  Every detail mapped out.  But money has gotten a little tighter which has changed what events I'm willing to pay for and how far I'm willing to travel.  Now I'm going over any race I've done in the past, how much did I enjoy the race?  Was it worth my money and time to get there?  Etc.  Etc.  Etc.  


RACE NAMELOCATIOND COSTK COSTTOTAL ENTRY FEEHOTEL COST/NIGHT# OF NIGHTSHOTEL NAMETOTAL HOTEL COSTTOTAL HOTEL + RACE FEE



What was your favorite race: spring/OLY triathlon and runs (13.1 and under)?  Is there a race you loved so much and you continue to go back year after year?  And is there a race you've done that is worth using all of the season's allotted money to race?

I need some serious focus - I NEED goals ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment