Friday, May 7, 2010

You Gotta Start Somewhere

Trying not to be embarrasses is hard for women. Being proud of yourself is even more difficult. Last week, I went out for my very first run since 11th grade (and even then I did all I could to get out of running - I even perfected the art of getting my ankles taped by the trainer in order to skip running before practice). I made it all the way to the corner of my house - probably less than 200 yards. Completely out of breath and frustrated, I walked the rest of my mile. Everyone keeps saying, "you gotta start somewhere" and that was my start. One week later and I hit the one mile mark...one mile! I crossed over the 1 mile mark and was expected a ticker tape parade, the Rocky Theme to bust out on a sound system somewhere. But the cars just kept driving, people kept going on with their life and no one started to scream as I had envisioned in my head! Ticker tape parade or not - I was so proud of myself and it motivated me to keep on going!

No comments:

Post a Comment