Friday, August 27, 2010

You aren't going to the Olympics?

With the amount of time I think about Diamond Girl, the amount of time training for it and the amount of time traveling to the training many people, myself included, feel as if at this point I should be going to the Olympics. They say it's just what happens when you are training for something specific no matter how big or small. It's all consuming in your life -it's all I think about, talk about and dream about. If I happen to meet someone that competes in triathlon they might say, "OH it's just a sprint?". Well it's not just a sprint to me at all! This is my olympics. Aside from bearing 3 human beings, this is the most challenging thing I've ever done. I've been out of my comfort zone from day 1. My coaches and team continue to push me further and harder should I accidentally step into my comfort zone (don't think I ever have actually!). But with great support and a small voice in my head telling me I can do it - I've made it this far. As Andy says, "The hay is in the barn". There is nothing more I can do at this point - we've trained hard for this, some say overtrained but that's just a pipe dream for me, I can only hope that I've overtrained for something.

In 48 hours from now I'll be deep into my first triathlon. We have all set our personal time goals for the race, I have everything I need to make me as successful as I can be. The rest is now up to me. Just me. I know I can do it and I'm so excited to cross the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment